At Home Simple is a long time coming. However, since I have had my first child almost 18 years ago (seriously, how can he be that old?! How can I be that old?!), I have wanted to work at home.
Now, I work at home, live at home, am simple at home, basically, I am almost always at home.
My kids will tell you I am boring, and weird, and crazy. But, I don’t think any of those things are bad in and of themselves. Life at home can get a bit boring, especially when you find yourself cooped up in the house for days because the weather is too cold to go outside for even a few minutes, but, I enjoy a simple life, not being on the go, go, go all the time. I am a bit weird and crazy, but, again, who isn’t? Being weird and crazy add’s just a bit of spice to one’s life doesn’t it? And really spice isn’t bad.
Simple living, is a way of life, a goal, a desire, a feeling in your soul that there has to be a simpler way to do all the things. At Home Simple embodies a simple life, at home. And really, home is where your heart is.
A few fun facts about me:
- My favorite 2 meals these days are buttered white rice with riced cauliflower, peas, and carrots and curried chickpeas- and- homemade bean, cheese, and rice enchiladas.
- I love flowers- my favorites are gerbera daisies because they are so big, colorful and beautiful and lilacs- have you ever smelled anything as beautiful as a freshly bloomed lilac?
- I love music and have a wide variety of tastes. Contemporary Christian, Pop, 90’s, R&B, Classical, Oldies, and top hits.
- Watching cleaning videos on You Tube, or hoarders on Roku really puts me in the mood to clean my home and purge items that need to be purged.
- I love watching movies and TV shows- including in other languages- I seem to gravitate towards Romantic Comedies and Crime Dramas.
- I speak Spanish- self taught and while I don’t know everything and cannot understand everything, I can usually hold my own in a conversation.
- Ever since Christmas 2019, we have been playing Yahtzee mutliple times a week, sometimes daily. Is there a Yahtzee league or Yahtzee anonymous? Because I may or may not need to join. My best score was in the 400’s with 2 Yahtzee’s and the added 35 points at top. My worst score was 76- yes, that was the total top and bottom score.
- Song’s or song lyrics normally end up coming out of my mouth several times a day. If you are a music lover, you would catch the reference. If you are not, you wouldn’t.
- My favorite items this winter have been my sweater, my blanket and my microwavable rice pack for my feet.
- I love ice cream! My favorite these days is Great Value Sea Salt Caramel.
P.S. Credit for my beautiful logo design goes to https://www.etsy.com/shop/sashkena. If you need a logo design, I HIGHLY recommend you check out her Etsy shop!