When raising your children with faith, finding a good church can make or break their walk with God.
I have heard too many stories of people who grew up going to church and it was an overbearing church, where people were rigid, uptight, and expected to act a certain way because their religion expected them to.
I also saw this growing up, going to a church where religion was the most important thing.
However, as an adult, finding a church that teaches right from the Bible, about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and how Jesus came and died for our sins so we can be free, has changed my life and my own walk with God.
It also has changed the way I parent and raise my children.
Why is it important?
- Finding a good church is important because you want to feel comfortable where you are going each visit.
- You want it to be fun, so you aren’t just there on Holidays or Sunday mornings, you go to most or all of the events during the week- Wednesday evening service, Sunday morning service, Sunday evening service, Bible study, Prayer group, so on and so forth.
- You want it to be fun for your kids too so that your young children learn about Jesus and learn to listen to the service at hand.
- You want it to be so engaging that you listen during the service and you cannot help but to go home and read your Bible everyday so you learn more about Jesus and who he was and God and how He is.
- You want to learn to be Free in who you are and to trust in God for ALL things, not just money, or in your times of need, but ALL things.
- You want to learn more so that when the trials come (and they will come), your first line of defense is running to God in prayer and worship.
- You want to allow it to overflow into every area of your life and make it so people see Him through you in each and every interaction you have (I’m still working on this…. hey, nobody is perfect and I certainly have a long way to go!).
Allow yourself the freedom to find a good church family so you enjoy your walk with God.